Guidelines for application to the Rotarian Gerald Prucha Fund
In his will, Rotarian Gerald Prucha graciously provided a bequest to be used by the Rotary Club of Lorain to help the community. Rotarian Prucha designated three specific areas of interest. These areas are;
- Acquire books for the Lorain Library
- Support capital improvement drives of local publicly supported non profit charities
- Support local non profit charitable organizations that provide food, clothing, shelter and health care for elderly and youth.
The Rotarian Gerald Prucha Fund Committee, formed by the Board of Directors of the Rotary Club of Lorain to distribute these funds, is now ready to accept letters of intent for projects in the above mentioned areas for 2019 funding.
The guidelines are as follows:
- All projects must relate to the categories mentioned above.
- All letters of intent must come from a 501c3 organization. Letters of intent will not be accepted from individuals. Letter must include your Ohio Tax Exempt number which is usually your EIN.
- Please fully describe your project, how it relates to one of the categories, and state the amount that your organization is seeking for the project. Please be aware that these grants will not be large, most will be under $1,500.00.
- Deadline for the letters of intent will be May 17, 2019. All letters of intent should be addressed to the Lorain Rotary Club, P.O. Box 581, Lorain, Ohio 44052. Electronic submission will be accepted and may be set to email@example.com. Any questions relating to the letter of intent may be addressed to Ron Mantini at 440-282-7137.
- Letters of intent should be no longer than two pages.
- Awards will be made in the middle of June 2019.
Thank you for your interest in this fund. We wish you success in your request.
The Gerald Prucha Fund Committee,
Ron Mantini, Chair